Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Misfortunes in patio construction

Although nobody has seen a bear in this area in quite some time, I do have a Bobcat living in my backyard.



Unfortunately, for me, the Bobcat is not doing anything at the moment, just sitting there.  As you can see from the little weather widget, it is raining and nasty on Bully Hill.  Here is a photo of the backyard early yesterday (the hose is the general area where I am going to build a wall and the shovels indicate where I will put the step into the rest of the backyard):



Although the good news is that we did get a lot of dirt moved yesterday.  The bad news is that it is a nasty mess and I can't get any work done on it today.  This is what is looks like right now:





That's trouble because I was planning on having the area cleared and landcaping fabric put down so I could start adding the aggregate.  The good news is that all of the stone, sand, and aggregate was delivered on time today.  The bad news is that it will be sitting in my driveway for the next day or two.  This all means that I will be dealing with a very annoyed wife.   I've seen my lovely wife take out a charging Labrador and I'm scared.  (Note: I have a lengthy history of starting large projects and not completing them in a manner most people would describe as timely.  This seems to be one of the very few things that frustrates the Mrs.)  Thankfully, the chicken coop has a heating lamp in it so I should be able to stay warm tonight.

No comments: