Saturday, January 23, 2010

Morning fun

I slept in a bit this morning and then took the dogs out in the light of day. We had some really nice light as the sun rose over the ridge and cast a warm glow on our little valley. It was very dramatic, so I decided I would pose the girls for an album cover-like shoot. The important thing here is to look away from the camera with thoughtful expressions.



Harriet is watching Cowboy. I'm sure Petunia is staring longingly at some poop she wants to eat, but the general viewer can't necessarily tell that from the photo. To the average Joe, these look like two stately, maybe even regal animals... ahh the magic of photography. Of course, what you don't see are the 15 shots that look like this:



or this:



Apparently, HT was having tongue issues.

Anyway, I took some more PR shots of Kane. She wanted me to chase her and try to take her stick away. She thought it was very enticing.




Although it appeared to be a very nice stick, long, not too thick, good strong wood, "chase" does not really get Kane tired. "Chase" just makes me tired... and nauseous. Consequently, being the one with the large, developed brain, I decided we would run the obstacle course instead.




I also got this video:



I like this one because Kane burps at the end. Hard work can make you gassy... or nauseous. The important thing is that Kane was tired and content. This is all very important because the dogs are going to be left to their own devices for most of the day. The Mrs. and I are going to go to the Horse World Expo extravaganza at the State Fairgounds. While this may not seem very manly, I want to shop for a tractor!

UPDATE:  No real tractor shopping to be done, but we did have fun.

No comments: